Skip to main content

Launch Day: If Paris Were My Lover by Martina Nicolls



If Paris Were My Lover: Launch Day Has Arrived!

Today is the day! If Paris Were My Lover is officially out in the world. This journey began as a whisper – a lingering question about the ways we fall in love, not just with people, but with places, memories, and the versions of ourselves that only exist in certain corners of the world. For me, that place has been Paris.

 

This book is a love affair told in fragments. It is for those who have ever wandered through a city and felt something shift deep inside. It is for those who know that some places call to us like an unfinished sentence, waiting to be completed.

 

Paris is more than a postcard or a perfect café table. It is a city that mirrors our own complexities—the contradictions of beauty and solitude, passion and melancholy, adventure and stillness. In these pages, I have woven together fiction, memories and poetry, crafting a story that invites you to ask: What if a city could love you back?

 

Early readers have called If Paris Were My Lover "a literary love letter with a heartbeat" and "a book that lingers like a favorite song on repeat." It has been described as a blend of nostalgia and possibility, of intimacy and adventure. But most of all, readers tell me how it makes them feel.

 

To mark this launch, I’d love for you to be part of the celebration:

 

Grab Your Copy – Available now in eBook and paperback on Amazon. 

 

Share the Love – If this book speaks to you, share it! Post a photo, write a review, or simply tell a friend who needs a bit of Paris in their life.

 

Connect with Me – I’d love to hear your thoughts! Let’s talk about the places that have changed us, the loves that have shaped us, and the books that have left a mark on us. Drop a comment below, send me a message.

 

Find me Substack or on facebook.

 

À Bientôt, Paris – As I launch this book, I hope it finds its way to those who need it most. I hope it reminds you that love—whether for a person, a city, or a fleeting moment—is always worth the risk. And most of all, I hope it stirs something in you, the way Paris has always stirred something in me.

 

With gratitude and excitement, Martina

 



The cover design: Twenty-five designers from 99designs by Vista competed in the book cover competition for the novel, If Paris Were My Lover. Eight designers made the semi-final poll and five competed in the final poll. Congratulations to SanjaVu who was the winning designer. Sanja is a forty-year-old Serbian graphic designer. She is the head designer for the national governmental organization “Happy Family” and works as a full-time freelancer at 99designs.




MARTINA NICOLLS

MartinaNicollsWebsite  I  Rainy Day Healing  I  Martinasblogs  I  Publications  I  Facebook  I  Paris Website  I  Paris blogs  I  Animal Website  I  Flower Website I Global Gentlemanliness

SUBSCRIBE TO MARTINA NICOLLS FOR NEWS AND UPDATES 


MARTINA NICOLLS is an Australian author and international human rights-based consultant in education, healing and wellbeing, peace and stabilization, and foreign aid audits and evaluations. She lives in Paris. Her latest book is: Innovations within Constraints Handbook (2025).

 


 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The acacia thorn trees of Kenya

There are nearly 800 species of acacia trees in the world, and most don’t have thorns. The famous "whistling thorn tree" and the Umbrella Thorn tree of Kenya are species of acacia that do have thorns, or spines. Giraffes and other herbivores normally eat thorny acacia foliage, but leave the whistling thorn alone. Usually spines are no deterrent to giraffes. Their long tongues are adapted to strip the leaves from the branches despite the thorns. The thorny acacia like dry and hot conditions. The thorns typically occur in pairs and are 5-8 centimetres (2-3 inches) long. Spines can be straight or curved depending on the species. MARTINA NICOLLS is an international aid and development consultant, and the author of:- Similar But Different in the Animal Kingdom (2017), The Shortness of Life: A Mongolian Lament (2015), Liberia’s Deadest Ends (2012), Bardot’s Comet (2011), Kashmir on a Knife-Edge (2010) and The Suda...

Hop on hop off bus tourism comes to Tbilisi, Georgia

City Sightseeing buses have arrived in Tbilisi. The iconic red double-decker buses, a feature of many cities around the world since the company was established in Seville, Spain in 1999, is now in six continents and almost 100 cities. The company established its Tbilisi business in November 2013, with its operations commencing in February 2014. The 90-minute tour stops at 11 major locations in Tbilisi (with 2 to 5 minute waiting times at each location): the Old City (where it commences), Freedom Square, Rose Revolution Square, Marjanishvili Square, the Dry Bridge, Konka, Avlabari, Metekhi, Akhundov Museum, the Sulfur Baths, and European Square. Passengers can hop off at any stop and see the sights, hopping back onto the next bus at any time. Alternatively, passengers can remain on the bus for the whole tour and take photographs when the bus stops at each location. There are one day (24-hour) passes (for 35 lari – about $20) and 48-hour passes for 55 lari, with family d...

The Knight in the Panther Skin by Shota Rustaveli (2015 translation): book review

The Knight in the Panther Skin (12th century, this edition 2015) is a recent translation by American poet and author, Lyn Coffin. The author, Shota Rustaveli, is Georgia’s most loved poet. This poem is mammoth, a magnum opus – it is 1,656 verses long, separated by chapters. But readers, don’t give up, because every verse is worth reading. It is akin to 1001 Arabian Knights, Geoffrey Chaucer’s The Canterbury Tales, or Shakespearean poetry. King Rostevan of Arabia has a daughter, Tinatin. She loves the knight Avtandil and he loves her. Verse 368 from Avtandil: ‘The doctor’s could do nothing. A dark twilight on my heart now pressed, I was on fire because of love, but nobody knew or guessed. They blamed my blood. The king decided bleeding my arm would be best; I let it be done to hide the suffering I had not confessed.’ But a knight in panther skin is seen weeping, and subsequently kills the king’s soldiers, sparing the king. Before Tinatin weds Avtandil she r...