Skip to main content

Volunteering at the Paris 2024 Olympic Games: first steps




I have been provisionally accepted as a volunteer at the Paris 2024 Olympic Games and Paralympic Games as a “substitute”, pending acceptance after training, accreditation, security, and so on to become a “full-blown volunteer.” 

 

This summer the Paris 2024 the Games will occur as follows: Olympic Games from 26 July to 11 August and for the Paralympics from 28 August to 8 September. 

 

Volontaire Paris 2024

The two-month application window was open in early 2023 and applicants were notified from September to December 2023 – with a registration number. Some volunteers already commenced their placements in late 2023 in preparation for the events, and the rest of the volunteers will start in 2024 – but first there are several procedures to undertake and processes to attend. 

 

In December 2023, I was given a provisional offer of a specific venue and events placement for both the Olympics and the Paralympics which I accepted and which I’m excited about – but more about that later if, and when, the placement becomes official – after passing the required processes.

 

On 24 January the second online conference for volunteers announced the program. 

 

The big in-person volunteer kick-off - le grand événement – will be in Nanterre on 23 March 2024 – to provide updates, dates for training, etc. Afterwards, it will be the time when provisional volunteers decide, within 10 days of their official offer of a placement, to go-ahead with the volunteer program.




 

The talk around the virtual volunteer table is all about the uniform! The anticipation is electric! Not to mention the accreditation badge!

 

So, online training begins at the end of March 2024. From April 2024, in-person training will be scheduled – general and for the specific volunteer assignment.

 

After official placement, a roster or schedule of days “on” and days “off” will be provided – and the number of hours per day as it is not expected that full days of volunteer work will be required. 

 

I’ll write more as the volunteer program gets underway. 



 






MARTINA NICOLLS

MartinaNicollsWebsite  I  Rainy Day Healing  I  Martinasblogs  I  Publications  I  Facebook  I  Paris Website  I  Paris blogs  I  Animal Website  I  Flower Website I Global Gentlemanliness

SUBSCRIBE TO MARTINA NICOLLS FOR NEWS AND UPDATES 


Martina Nicolls is an Australian author and international human rights-based consultant in education, healing and wellbeing, peace and stabilization, and foreign aid audits and evaluations. She lives in Paris.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The acacia thorn trees of Kenya

There are nearly 800 species of acacia trees in the world, and most don’t have thorns. The famous "whistling thorn tree" and the Umbrella Thorn tree of Kenya are species of acacia that do have thorns, or spines. Giraffes and other herbivores normally eat thorny acacia foliage, but leave the whistling thorn alone. Usually spines are no deterrent to giraffes. Their long tongues are adapted to strip the leaves from the branches despite the thorns. The thorny acacia like dry and hot conditions. The thorns typically occur in pairs and are 5-8 centimetres (2-3 inches) long. Spines can be straight or curved depending on the species. MARTINA NICOLLS is an international aid and development consultant, and the author of:- Similar But Different in the Animal Kingdom (2017), The Shortness of Life: A Mongolian Lament (2015), Liberia’s Deadest Ends (2012), Bardot’s Comet (2011), Kashmir on a Knife-Edge (2010) and The Suda...

Hop on hop off bus tourism comes to Tbilisi, Georgia

City Sightseeing buses have arrived in Tbilisi. The iconic red double-decker buses, a feature of many cities around the world since the company was established in Seville, Spain in 1999, is now in six continents and almost 100 cities. The company established its Tbilisi business in November 2013, with its operations commencing in February 2014. The 90-minute tour stops at 11 major locations in Tbilisi (with 2 to 5 minute waiting times at each location): the Old City (where it commences), Freedom Square, Rose Revolution Square, Marjanishvili Square, the Dry Bridge, Konka, Avlabari, Metekhi, Akhundov Museum, the Sulfur Baths, and European Square. Passengers can hop off at any stop and see the sights, hopping back onto the next bus at any time. Alternatively, passengers can remain on the bus for the whole tour and take photographs when the bus stops at each location. There are one day (24-hour) passes (for 35 lari – about $20) and 48-hour passes for 55 lari, with family d...

The Knight in the Panther Skin by Shota Rustaveli (2015 translation): book review

The Knight in the Panther Skin (12th century, this edition 2015) is a recent translation by American poet and author, Lyn Coffin. The author, Shota Rustaveli, is Georgia’s most loved poet. This poem is mammoth, a magnum opus – it is 1,656 verses long, separated by chapters. But readers, don’t give up, because every verse is worth reading. It is akin to 1001 Arabian Knights, Geoffrey Chaucer’s The Canterbury Tales, or Shakespearean poetry. King Rostevan of Arabia has a daughter, Tinatin. She loves the knight Avtandil and he loves her. Verse 368 from Avtandil: ‘The doctor’s could do nothing. A dark twilight on my heart now pressed, I was on fire because of love, but nobody knew or guessed. They blamed my blood. The king decided bleeding my arm would be best; I let it be done to hide the suffering I had not confessed.’ But a knight in panther skin is seen weeping, and subsequently kills the king’s soldiers, sparing the king. Before Tinatin weds Avtandil she r...